Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Fabulous Fall

A painful fall turned into a fabulous fall. A friend of ours is writing a climbing guide book for the Moab area and asked me to climb a route to be pictured in the book. Perhaps it was the pressure from the camera above, but on one fall I slammed my foot into the cliff at a funky angle and sprained my ankle. Oh man! I spent a week on crutches and then a lot of weeks gimping around the house. After a bit of sulking I started seeing the bright side of the injury. Nick worked a lot in November and my seasonal job was over until January, so I had a lot of alone time. Being confined by my ankle, I spent my fall trying to get my dogs to enjoy fetch, baking lots of delicious goods, trying to perfect my pizza crust, crocheting hats and chalk bags, reading books, listening to books on tape, talking with loved ones, watching the leaves fall from the window, making life plans and taking naps with Haas as my pillow. I'm not complaining anymore! Fall may be my favorite season, but ask me again in the spring. :)

Now I am back on my feet enjoying the warmth of the Nevada desert and the warmth of Mia and Rich's hospitality. Mia and I are having lots of quality sister time while rich prepares for finals and nick tinkers with a race truck. Today we outlet shopped, shared a soft pretzel, found some treasures at the salvation army and picked out the most perfect Christmas tree. Family is such a blessing.

photo by Karl Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment