Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Meet Rufus

Okay, I find it a little corny when people are totally obsessed with their dogs (buying them sweaters, feeding them human food etc). But this dog deserves a blog post. Not only because SLEDDOGS is in the title of my blog, but also because everyone should be able to meet this dog. Here's Rufus. Dog number 2 in our 2-dog team. How to describe this one?

-If we ever had someone break into our house he would give the burglars his sweet look that says, "what are you doing? Will you pet me? I LOVE you!"

-A couple of weeks ago we had some family visiting our home. My cousin sat down on the couch and Rufus snuggled his way into Mark's lap within the first 5 minutes of the visit.

-Characters he reminds me of: the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz, the Little Engine That Could, Kevin from the Office, and Bruce from Matilda the movie (the chubby kid that ate the chocolate cake)

-He stares out the back window of the car for HOURS on road trips

-We only tie him up when we are around to supervise. He will tangle himself up until he is stuck in an awkward position and then he will just give up and fall asleep. no whining.

-Pretty sure he thinks his name is Haas, and even though he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, he sure does give us a lot of love.

Yep, Rufus is a very appropriate name for this dog















4 comments:

  1. oh sweet rufus! love my dog nephews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, i also love bruce in matilda! i made rich watch that with me a few months ago. i believe that's about the only movie we watched growing up. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can vouch for his friendliness. His looks are deceiving. He looks scary but he's a kitty cat.

    ReplyDelete