Sunday, April 3, 2011

i love rainy days and birthday cake

living in the desert, rainy days are few and far between. So when they come, we soak them in. I love them not only because of our desperate need for moisture right now but also because a. I don't have to water the garden, b. Nick gets a much needed rest at work and c. there is no temptation to spend the day outside (unless of course there is waterfall potential). My latest rainy day was filled with good music and good smells coming from the kitchen. Nick's birthday is on Tuesday (mine the following day) and his parents are visiting so i took this opportunity to make a delicious chocolate cake adapted from this recipe: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/basic-chocolate-cake-recipe.html. mmm mmm. Then i had to do something with the overripe bananas hanging out on my counter so I used my friend's fantastic whole wheat banana bread recipe. Check out Emily's blog: http://www.bananafishbakedgoods.blogspot.com/. You can trust that any of her recipes are delicious. So come on rain, bring it on!

3 comments:

  1. Two birthdays this week? Maybe we should do dinner tonight. John and I don't want to interfere with the celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nan, you didn't interfere with the celebrations... you made my bday much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday you two! We are so excited to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete